Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
Saturday, September 27, 2008
It was a beautiful afternoon. I wish that nice weather would come back!
Friday, September 26, 2008
1. Where is your cell phone? purse
3. Your hair color? mixed
5. Your father? Rick
6. Your favorite thing? family
7. Your dream last night? dunno
8. Your dream/goal? create
9. The room you're in? office
10. Your hobby? tennis
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? happy
13. Where were you last night? asleep
14. What you're not? stupid
15. One of your wish-list items? tile
17. The last thing you did? ate
21. Your computer? Joeys
22. Your mood? bien
23. Missing someone? Mom
24. Your car? Expedition
25. Something you're not wearing? shoes
26. Favorite store? Halfprice
27. Your summer? awesome
29. Your favorite color? green
30. When is the last time you laughed? yesterday
31. Last time you cried? Wednesday
I pass the award to....
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
A few of our kiddos: Braden, Jenna & Ella. Its weird how between the three of us, we now have 7 kids! The time sure has flown by fast. I still can't believe its been that long since we've all gotten married-its crazy. So much has happened since then.
Thanks guys for coming over! Hope to see you again soon!
Monday, September 22, 2008
They even gave the kids these schnazzy hats. Check out Fire Chief Ella.
Thank you firefighters for all you do to protect us! We appreciate all you do!
Aubrey cut this out last night and taped it to a drawer in the kitchen. I thought it was so sweet of her to add her own fall decor to the house and wish everyone a Happy Fall!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Friday, September 19, 2008
1. It helps me to plan.
2.It inspires me to try and make a better variety of foods.
3. It inspires me to try and make new foods that have fancy sounding names:)
4. I think it looks cute.
5. It saves me time. I am forgetful sometimes. In the past, I remember forgetting what meals I had planned and would have to dig through my pantry and figure it out from the ingredients I had bought days before.
6. I cook more often! My family really benefits from it. I made a goal when we moved here about 2 years ago, to cook more. I no longer wanted my family eating fast food and frozen dinners so often. The only things I actually cooked were things like spaghetti, hot dogs, tacos-the basics. Now I'm venturing out and trying new things and its fun. Its become a new hobby for me(and Joey doesn't mind that at all!) Its just not healthy to eat out all the time and it doesn't teach the kids good eating habits. Instead of saying, "I don't know what to make for dinner" I already have it written down and planned. Of course, this requires planning beforehand. I sit down for about 30 minutes and plan a menu for the upcoming week. I really try to only go to the grocery store once a week. I use the cooking blog, This Mama Loves To Cook, for a lot of great new ideas. Check it out if you haven't already! I also have other great recipe blogs I've found on my sidebar.
7. The kids love it-Aubrey will read it in the morning to see what we are having for dinner that night. Sometimes she'll look and see that we had the wrong meal the wrong night and call me on it. Sometimes you have to adjust to your schedule, geesh! :)
I would recommend this to anyone that needs a little help in the cooking department. It really helps to have a visual somewhere where you have everything written down for the week. Before, I would write it down on a piece of paper and sometimes I would lose it. Its great to have it nice and big and where you can see it. If you don't have space on your wall, then one of those magnet dry erase boards on the fridge would work well too(my friend, Sarah, does that). So, anyways, just a tip from lil ole me. And I'm not saying we don't eat out or eat fast food-yeah right. I love eating out! But this has really helped me to limit how often we do.
So, happy cooking!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
She even shared a hammer with Cali. She told her, "Cali, when you need more food, just hammer on on the tray and Mom will bring you more. Be careful though not to smash your fingers. Hammers are dangerous."
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Go check out Aubrey's blog for more pics from our visit with my family!
Monday, September 15, 2008
Sunday, September 14, 2008
I think this was her favorite present-and it didn't cost us a dime! Her very own blog! (perfect to go with her new camera) I set up a blog for her that day and told her she could do it all herself. She has posted one post so far, but has many more up her sleeve:)I've sent a lot of invites out(its a private blog) but if I haven't sent you one and you'd like to be a reader, let me know and give me your email address.