Thursday, April 30, 2009
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
If you've seen the movie, Bedtime Stories, then you'll understand all of the "dwarf kicking me in the leg" stuff:)
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
1) What is your salad dressing of choice? Caesar
2) What is your favorite sit-down restaurant? Any place with good Mexican food(current area favorite-Manny's. ) Oh, and Cheesecake Factory too!
3) What food could you eat for 2 weeks straight and not get sick of? Mexican food, but I do realize this would cause excessive gas. Its cool. I can roll like that.
4) What are your pizza toppings of choice? Pepperoni & black olives. I also love barbecue pizza, hawaiian pizza, fruit pizza, garlic chicken, pesto, fresh roma tomatoes and mushrooms. Okay, so I love pizza in general....and okay, so I actually love food in general too. I ain't gonna lie.
5) What do you like to put on your toast? Butter and jelly OR butter and honey. No matter what, butter has GOT to be on it.
6) How many televisions are in your house? Two, but only one is actually plugged in and used. The other one just sits in the den/playroom upstairs.
7) What color cell phone do you have? Silver and pink(mauvish)
8) Are you right-handed or left-handed? Right
9) Have you ever had anything removed from your body? Oh yeah, lots of things. But my 3 favorites are Aubrey, Ella & Cali:)
10) What is the last heavy item you lifted?I don't lift heavy things!(unless you count my kids) If there is something that is heavy that needs to be moved, Joedog moves it for me:) Love you babe!
11) Have you ever been knocked unconscious? Nopers.
12) If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die? No thanks. I'll pass. If I knew, I think I would think about it all the time and it would drive me crazy.
13) If you could change your name, what would you change it to? I really wouldn't want to. I'm nobody else but Holly, by golly!
14) Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000? Yes. I'd even be willing to do it for $500. Any offers out there?
15) How many pairs of flip flops do you own? Maybe 7-8?
16) What is/are your goal/s for the year? To get preggers and to have a healthy succesful pregnancy this time around. We're working on that. . .
17) Last person you talked to? My mom on the phone
18) Last person you hugged? Ella when I told her goodbye at school this morning
19) Favorite Season? Fall
20) Favorite Holiday? Christmas
21) Favorite day of the week? Saturday
22) Favorite Month? November, when the weather is cooling down, the leaves are changing colors, and the holidays are right around the corner.
23) First place you went this morning? Aubrey's school
24) What's the last movie you saw? In the theater, The Hannah Montana Movie. At home, Hancock.
25) Do you smile often? Yes, and I have the wrinkle lines to prove it
26) Do you always answer your phone? No.
27) It's four in the morning and you get a text message, who is it? I better be dreaming.
28) If you could change your eye color what would it be? Green
29) What flavor drink do you get at Sonic? Cherry Lime
30) Have you ever had a pet fish? Yes, we have had 2 Beta fish(I'm all about low maintenance when it comes to pets.). Gill and Dasher. Gill RIP, but lived for a good 3 years. Loved the lil fella. And Dasher is dashing as I type.
31) Favorite Christmas song? I really can't say one. I LOVE so many. I know, I know, thats a crappy answer.
32) What's on your wish list for your birthday? A new camera or a sewing machine
33) Can you do push ups? Yes, probably one good one:)
34) Can you do a chin up? Probably not.
35) Does the future make you more nervous or excited? Both, but more excited than nervous.
36) Do you have any saved texts? Yes, I save every text from my man.
37) Ever been in a car wreck? Nope, knock on wood.
38) Do you have an accent? I've been told I don't. People are surprised that I'm a Texas native actually. But I do say y'all all the time!
39) What is the last song to make you cry? Can't recall.
40) Plans tonight? Movies with some galpals. "17 Again" here we come! Zac Efron-woohoo:)
41) Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom? No. Life has been good.
42) Name 3 things you bought yesterday. Nothing. It was Sunday y'all!
43) Have you ever been given roses? Yes, I actually have some on my counter right now. Joey is a sweetie.
44) Current hate right now? The Leftist mentality.
45) Met someone who changed your life? Joey
46) How did you bring in the New Year? We just partied at home as a family. We moved our clocks secretly ahead and the kids though they rang in the New Year when it was only 10pm-haha:) Joey and I stayed up and spent time together and when the ball dropped, we kissed and drank sparkling cider. Oh yeah, we know how to par-tay.
47) What song represents you? Lucky by Jason Mraz.
48) Name three people who might complete this? Anayansi, Nicole B. & Jennie?
49) What were you doing 12 AM last night? I wasn't sleeping. Refer to #16. !)
50) What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? How much I wanted to stay in bed. It was raining and the sound of the rain was just so relaxing. I would've stayed in bed all day if I could.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Today was the first Saturday we've been able to do something fun in a long time. Healthy kids and great weather meant zoo time! We decided to try out the Dallas Zoo this time around. A year and a half ago, we visited the Ft. Worth Zoo because we heard it was much better(which really is true) but we wanted to go somewhere new this time. And the Dallas Zoo is much closer and a lil cheaper. All in all, the Dallas Zoo was fun too. Their kids section is AWESOME, but the rest of the zoo is definitely lacking. Not quite as good of a variety of animals and the habitats didn't seem big enough for a few of the animals. But we still had just as much fun at this zoo as we did at the Ft. Worth Zoo. So, if you want a comparison of the two, either is great if you have little kids. Kids are easy to please. All they need are a few animals to look at and a play area:) And I actually think kids may even prefer the Dallas Zoo. There is a lot of fun stuff in the kid section. If you don't have kids, however, then definitely the Ft. Worth Zoo is the way to go. Its definitely nicer. Okay, so there was my review. :)
Now, here were the highlights. The gorillas got so close to us, face to face through the glass! The kids(and Joey and I) thought that was awesome. We saw one kid knock on the glass and the gorilla knocked back(and it actually was a gentle knock, not a big bang like I expected and secretly hoped for:) The kids loved the petting zoo area and getting their feet wet in the stream. We also went to the bird encounter area where you could buy a bird seed stick and the birds come and eat it off of your hand. I actually had never done that myself before and it kinda scared me! A bird came swooping down at me as soon as we walked in. It scared the crap out of Ella(see the pictures for a priceless photo of her face). She ran for her life. There was no way in heck she would've held a stick:) Aubrey was brave and fed one of the birds. It did scare her, but she was strong and kept holding on! Another highlight was riding the monorail. Okay, so the monorail was ghetto, but it was something fun to do and an opportunity for our feet to get a break from all the walking. Another highlight was watching Cali's reactions. She was old enough to really react this time around and that was fun. I do have to say though, the dogs we saw on the way out were what gave her the biggest reaction(wha?). There were some on leashes and in cages up for adoption and when we walked by them, she got so excited. Go figure. All we had to do was take her to the nearby Petsmart:)
Friday, April 24, 2009
Here is part of the piggy chorus
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Monday, April 20, 2009
If you answered "Choice B," you answered incorrectly and will be punished.
j/k :) Okay, so we are all entitled to our own cheese cracker preference, but c'mon, even the Cheese Nips box is cuter! And the cheesy goodness inside can't be beat! I am personally a Nip lover and I'm proud of it.
If you are wondering why the heck I am posting about this today, the fact is, Wal-Mart Supercenter(the upscale grocery store I shop at, don't be jealous) is no longer selling Cheese Nips. I've noticed the past couple of months that they aren't on the shelves-at least not at any of the Wallyworlds in my neck of the woods. Its very disappointing. I've actually purchased a couple of Cheez Its boxes and tried to grin and bear it as I eat, but the smile isn't genuine. In reality, I'm dying inside. Cheez Its just don't compare. You can try to persuade me otherwise, but these taste buds don't lie.
In other horrifying food news, my Wal-Mart is also temporarily not selling On The Border Tortilla Chips. Wal-Mart, are we going to have to break up? I will not eat that Tostitos crap. I just won't!
Do I have food issues? :)
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Ella working hard on her horses.
Cali hard at work, well, eating her M&Ms:) Its a tough job, but someones gotta do it!
A funny smile.
The Shrinky Dink kits came with things you can accesorize. Aubrey made a little keychain for her lunchbox and decorated a little purse.
Ella attached ALL of hers on one little denim cowgirl pouch. Shes an all or nothin kinda gal.
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Lovin the sleeping bags.
Time for dinner! It was just the 5 of us this year. We missed all of our extended relatives dearly, but still had a lovely dinner together as a family: ham, potato casserole, whole wheat breadsticks(Aubrey's primary teacher gave these out at church-thanks! We all enjoyed them!), relish tray/veggie tray & deviled eggs.
In the evening, I attempted to make a bunny cake. Well, that stupid bunny did not want to come out of the pan. I guess I'm no cake pro like my lil sis. He came out in a million pieces. I guess this just isn't my talent. Tara, stop laughing.
The kids made the best out of the mess I gave them and actually whipped up something that looked like a bunny. Great job guys! You totally covered up your Mom's mistake!
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Common Sense (Paine) 16 Apr @ 7:30pm, Sarah's house (Yes, this Thursday!)
The 5,000 Year Leap (Skousen)
The Forgotten Man (Shlaes)
The Real George Washington (American Classic series)
Liberal Fascism (Goldberg)
Atlas Shrugged (Rand)
Lone Survivor (Luttrell)
The Real Benjamin Franklin (American Classic series)
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Can't have a cool boardwalk without a cool juggler to entertain you.
Cute fishy pics(once we got out and dried off:)
Cali eye to eye with a shark. This scared Grandma. She thought he could jump out or something:)